The project aims to promote economic development and improve citizens’ quality of life by contributing to an efficient transport system, integrated in the region and in the EU network.
Summary of the Project
This Sector Reform Contract to Support Transport will contribute to the improved efficiency and sustainability of the road transport management, by supporting good governance and the implementation of standards for maintenance and safety. This will result in the improvement of the technical and safety conditions of the Albanian National Road Network and in the strengthening of the administrative capacities for the management of road construction and maintenance at central and regional levels.
- Transfer of EUR 21 million to the beneficiary country in the fiscal years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Engagement in dialogue around requirements and government reform priorities, the verification of fulfilled requirements and the payment of budget support
- Continued effort to reinforce the national institutional capacities to implement the Transport Reform Strategy
- Enhancing donor coordination
- Strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems for Transport Strategy implementation
- Overall improved design and implementation of road transport policies
- Improved alignment of the Albanian transport legislation to the EU acquis
- Improved quality of public spending / value for money for road transport
- Modernised and upgraded primary and secondary road network
- Improved road safety conditions
- Improved road maintenance performance