Cooperation and Development Institute
01/04/2018 - 31/12/2020
Main objective of the project is to increase coordination among relevant stakeholders to promote sustainable cross border connections in the Cooperation area: Albania, Montenegro and Italy.
Summary of the Project
SOUTH – ADRIATIC CONNECTIVITY GOVERNANCE (SAGOV) aimed to promote connectivity networks in the South Adriatic Area (SA), with a focus on transport infrastructure. The project provided an example of integrated governance regarding the policy-making on strategic projects, such as connectivity in the SA.
Montenegro and Albania are already invested in infrastructure connectivity through transport corridors under the Berlin Process. However, there was a need for more strategic planning and coordination between the multi-actors of the three countries on projects concerning transport in SA. SAGOV specifically focused on increasing the efficiency of existing Connectivity coordination mechanisms-at policy and project level and pioneering new ones.
- Strategic Steering Set-Up and functional between key institution in Albania, Montenegro and Italy.
- Mapping of Transport Connectivity in South Adriatic
- Building and promoting the e-platform: Transport Connectivity
- Building a trilateral maritime transport connectivity best case through efficient coordination
- Creation and support with expertise of the joint working groups implementing VTMIS pilot phase
- a comprehensive South Adriatic Connectivity Initiatives Map;
- a pilot on Transport connectivity and tool-box;
- new approach in connectivity based on higher stakeholder interaction and coordination
- critical mass of transferable connectivity know-how and skills