• Albanian Local Capacity Development Foundation (ALCDF)
• Kosovo* Development Centre (KDC)
• Makedonska razvojna fondacija za pretprijatija (MRFP) branch in Kosovo*-Peja
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
March 2018 - February 2020
The objective of the project is to enhance the capacities and competitiveness of the tourism sector in the cross-border region through the economic valorisation of its cultural and natural heritage.
Summary of the Project
This project aimed to develop and promote new tourist products in mountain areas, with the direct involvement of local farmers while increasing their knowledge in order to provide better quality services for tourists.
• Cross-border networking of farmers
• Two feasibility and needs assessment studies
• Marking and signalisation of 5 themed trails
• Installation of 10 touristic info points
• Installation of 10 resting points
• Installation of 5 camping sites
• Training of local farmers and small-entrepreneurs on customer care, food safety and production technologies, on eco-friendly lifestyle and traditional products marketing
• Creation of a pool of local guides
• Creation of a brochure on biodiversity
• Web-platform creation
• Promotional video of touristic attractions
• Improved infrastructure for tourism development in the targeted shepherd huts
• Increased capacities of the rural population to offer tourist services in shepherd huts
• Enhanced unique values of shepherd huts as drivers for agriculture and tourism development