Albanian Institute for International Studies (AIIS)
European Center for Minority Issues (ECMI) Kosovo*
March 2018 - July 2020
The project aims to enable youth networking and capacity building in the field of digital entrepreneurship and encourage the exchange of best practices between vocational and educational institutions.
Summary of the Project
This project increased the youth (self)employment opportunities in Lezha and Prizren with the establishment of a cross-border Youth Digital Entrepreneurship Academy (YDEA). It also strengthened the network of young entrepreneurs and the private business sector at the local and national level in Kosovo* and Albania around jointly organised job fairs. It enhanced the capacity building in modern vocational education and contributed to the exchange of best practices between vocational and educational public/private institutions on both sides of the border.
• Development of the Y.D.E.A training scheme
• Implementation and supervision of the Y.D.E.A training scheme tailored for the needs of the students
• Organisation of 2 cross-border job fairs for Kosovar/Albanian entrepreneurs and Y.D.E.A staff and students
• Publication of the final Y.D.E.A manual and training deliverables, videos and podcasts
• 50 young people from Lezha and Prizren will be trained on digital entrepreneurship to acquire modern on-the-job skills and increased (self-) employment opportunities
• 50 local private businesses (25 from Albania, 25 from Kosovo*) will get acquainted with each other and with a pool of young, highly-qualified digital entrepreneurs
• 2 vocational educational institutions will provide high quality training on digital entrepreneurship
• An exchange of knowledge between teachers and institutions will take place and new contacts with local businesses will be established