Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH, (GIZ) as lead organisation, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) as partner
To increase the competitiveness and post-COVID socio-economic recovery through improvement of the business environment, innovation ecosystem and investment climate.
Summary of the Project
The Action supports Albania to accelerate the transformation to a more innovation-driven and knowledge-based economy embracing the opportunities from the green and digital transition, unlocking its human capital and entrepreneurial potential and thereby increasing its competitiveness
- To support for the Albanian Innovation Ecosystem and help its actors scale up
- To facilitate access to investment & crowdfunding
- To provide EUR 1 Million for funding and tailored capacity building support to 50 innovative micro, small- and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups with innovative solutions and start-ups with a prominent tech content in all stages of development idea, validation, growth and scale-up
- To drive innovation and to get access to Horizon Europe Funds, by the collaborative approach of four main helixes: academia, government, industry, civil society
- To promote Albania as the start-up, innovation and investment destination in the Western Balkans – Albanian start-up scene as the new land of opportunities.
Increased maturity and exposure of the Albanian start-up and innovation ecosystem and its stakeholders.
1: The stakeholders of the Albanian start-up ecosystem benefited from Capacity Development interventions.
2: Finance opportunities for Albanian start-ups and ISOs (Innovation Support Organisations) improved and diversified.
3: The Quadruple Helix approach promoted and implemented.
4: Albania’s start-up and innovation ecosystem promoted with innovators and entrepreneurs both domestically and internationally.