- Ministry of Justice (MoJ)
- relevant institutions responsible for the implementation of the Justice Sector Reform Strategy
- Ministry of Finance and Economy as Sector Budget Support coordinator
April 2020 - April 2023
This project aims to contribute to strengthening rule of law, law enforcement and reduce corruption in government agencies and the judiciary.
Summary of the Project
The project will strengthen the independence, transparency, efficiency and accountability of the Albanian justice system in accordance with European standards and enhance protection of human rights in the penitentiary system.
• Support to the Ministry of Justice to implement Justice Sector Reform contract
• Strengthening the capacities of the Ministry of Justice as coordinator and other institutions of the justice sector to monitor and report on the reform implementation via the monitoring structure
• Supporting the Ministry of Justice to enhance its codification capacity to lead law drafting and to implement the Code of Administrative Procedures
• Providing policy advice and strengthening the capacities of the institutions of the justice sector, in particular of the newly established bodies
• Strengthening cooperation with other stakeholders such as anti-corruption bodies and law enforcement agencies as well as support consultations with civil society organisations, think tanks, development partners, to contribute to the reform implementation
• Re-evaluation of judges and prosecutors supported by the independent monitoring operation
• Enhanced capacities through training and coaching of relevant staff of the Ministry of Justice and other institutions of the justice sector to coordinate and implement the Justice Sector Strategy
• Enhanced policy dialogue for the implementation of the justice reform through input from independent assessment and data compilation on the reform implementation
• Enhanced re-evaluation of judges and prosecutors supported by the independent monitoring operation