Foundation for Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation of Disputes (AFCR)
Union for Development and Integration of Roma Minority in Albania (Amaro-Drom)
01 February 2018 - 30 June 2020
Contributing to the proper enforcement of human rights and fundamental freedoms for Roma and Egyptian communities through advocating for good governance and accountability of the responsible public institutions.
Summary of the Project
The ongoing implementation of national strategies/policies for the integration of Roma and Egyptian (R&E) groups and the need to improve these and make them consistent with European instruments, led the consortium to the common effort of supporting R&E civil society organisations (CSOs). This was achieved through a strengthened network of R&E organisations with knowledge and expertise in advocacy in relation to the ongoing and long-term implementation of the National Action Plan for Roma Integration.
The Albanian National Training and Technical Assistance Resource Center (ANTTARC)’s extensive experience in capacity building for CSOs served as an onset to build knowledge and strengthen the capacities of R&E community members / Roma organisations and Roma-serving organisations to develop and carry out community initiatives and as a result, had a positive impact on the enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights.
- Design the capacity development programme for CSOs active in the integration and enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights
- Conduct a 3-day training on organisational development for 30 staff of the CSOs active in the enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights
- Conduct a 3-day training on the provision of legal services for 30 staff of CSOs active in the provision of these services to Roma and Egyptian community members
- Conduct a 2-day training on community participation for 30 staff of CSOs active in the integration and enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights
- Conduct a 3-day training on community mediation for 30 staff of CSOs active in the integration and enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights
- Conduct a 3-day training on project development for 30 staff (potential applicants) of CSOs active in the integration and enforcement of Roma and Egyptian rights
- Conduct a 2-day training on project monitoring and evaluation for staff of 12 CSOs implementing sub-grants
- Provide 10 days of individualised technical assistance to each sub-grantee (focusing on strategic planning, internal operating systems, project monitoring)
- Conduct one 2-day workshop on mentoring for counselling and problem solving for 30 Roma and Egyptian leaders.
- Provide 10 days of technical assistance for Roma and Egyptian leaders (mentoring for counselling and problem solving)
- Conduct a 3-day training on advocacy and networking for 13 organisations participating in the network of Roma CSOs
- Organise activities to strengthen the Roma CSOs network (i.e. semi-annual meetings)
- Provide 20 days of technical assistance to the network and its individual members for the design and conduct of advocacy for Roma rights and integration
- Conduct three 1-day regional workshops for CSOs and local government representatives on the implementation of the Action Plan for Roma integration
- Design a sub-granting methodology and develop a sub-grants management manual
- Administer one round of sub-grants for Roma CSOs and Roma-serving civil society organisations
- Conduct information sessions on the sub-granting scheme
- Evaluate the applications and contract the winners
- On-going monitoring of implementation of sub-grants
- Exchange of experience among sub-grantees
- Promotion of good practices and initiatives for the implementation of Roma rights and integration
- Roma and Egyptian CSOs have increased capacities as regards community participation, community mediation, and provision of legal services for the Roma community; this meaningfully contribute to the integration of Roma and Egyptians
- Roma and Egyptian CSOs have increased capacities to network, to advocate for and monitor the implementation of the National Action Plan and of policies for the integration of R&E
- Roma and Egyptian CSOs have the possibilities and the capacities to develop and implement initiatives that contribute to the integration of Roma and Egyptians through small grants