- Albanian Local Capacity Development Foundation (ALCDF)
- Hunting Federation of Macedonia (HFM)
- Federation of Fisheries Organisations of Inbound Waters in Albania (FFOIWA)
- SEG Holding
January 2018 - December 2019
The project aims to contribute to a balanced and sustainable socio-economic development of the Ohrid-Prespa trans-boundary biosphere reserve.
Summary of the Project
The project developed a system to map the most important ecosystem services of the Ohrid-Prespa trans-boundary biosphere reserve, and understand their contribution and their utilisation for forestry, tourism, fishing and hunting enhancement.
- At least 100 stakeholder representatives are trained and aware of the possibilities and usage of the integrated environmental monitoring system
- One comparative analysis on the sustainable utilisation of natural resources in the cross-border area is prepared
- A management plan for Prespa and short and mid-term action plans for Ohrid and Prespa are developed
- Activities are conducted to raise awareness among beneficiaries of the integrated environmental monitoring system
- Minimum 400 beneficiaries from the two countries have strengthened capacities in diversification, preservation and sustainable utilisation and management of natural resources
- Developed and installed integrated environmental monitoring system to map the existing ecosystem services
- Developed scenarios for a sustainable management (utilisation and preservation) of the existing ecosystem services, with the involvement of the local population from the target areas
- Increased cooperation and support of stakeholders for the preservation, development and restoration of the flora and fauna in the target area