- Local Agency for Development
- Institute for Research in Environment, Civil Engineering and Energy
- Biologists of Albania
- Mat municipality
December 2017 - February 2020
The project aims to introduce smart tourism and the shared economy concept based on more innovative and efficient use of endogenous cultural and natural resources and existing human capital.
Summary of the Project
The project stimulated the usage of information and communications technology (ICT) in the tourism sector and adapted current business models to fit the latest trends. It strengthened tourism sector thinking in the region going beyond administrative borders and enabled networking among tourism key stakeholders.
- Tailor-made training programs and tools, needs assessments, publications, awareness raising campaigns, infrastructure rehabilitation
- Design and brand creation, technical development of software online platforms, technical development of mobile apps, design and building of digital interactive infrastructure, training and education of users
- Engaging travel bloggers, developing a marketing and growth strategy
- Developed digital tangible infrastructure that can support the new model of smart tourism
- Stimulated innovative entrepreneurial spirit among local tourism providers
- The cross-border region becomes widely recognised as an attractive tourism destination and its visibility is increased
- Balanced tourism development in both countries is achieved and cross-border cooperation at all levels is deepened by designing joint tourism packages as well as digital and other small infrastructure investments in the target area